Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions are a set of rules to firstly, help protect you as a customer, and secondly, me as a business.
Basically, It’s a set of guidelines ensuring everyone is equally treated.
Have questions relating to the terms & conditions? Contact me here.
General Terms & Conditions
By browsing and using this site or Cara-Lou Designs on other platforms you agree to comply with and are bound by these terms and conditions of use.
Therefore, if you disagree with any of these terms and conditions, you must not use this site.
(2) Definition of Terms
The Buyer: – The person who makes the contract.
The goods: – purchased by the Buyer, sold and distributed by Cara-Lou Designs.
(3) Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
Your use of any information or materials on this site is at your own risk, for which I will not be liable.
It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
(4) Licence to Use Website
Cara-Lou Designs owns this site and contents.
This comprises, but is not limited to:
- product design,
- appearance and graphics.
Thus I prohibit any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of this material in any form.
This site and its content and products are copyright of CARA-LOU DESIGNS
© CARA-LOU DESIGNS 2019. All rights reserved.
You may not, except with my express written permission:
- distribute or commercially exploit the content.
- transmit it or store it on any other site or any other form of an electronic retrieval system.
I will pursue any infringement of copyright.
(5) External Links
From time to time, this site may also include links to other websites. I provide these links to give further information to you. Above all they do not signify that I endorse the site(s). I have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Cara-Lou Designs deem external Merchandise Providers as an individual shop. Faulty or damaged goods are to return to the provider and not Cara-Lou Paper Cuts.
(6) Products and Photography
I take photographs to show an accurate depiction of the colours and products. Photo colour reproduction on screen may be different in reality.
Some images may be digital productions to provide for better photography and to reflect an image of how it will show in situ.
All photographs and designs remain the property of Cara-Lou Designs. However where customer photographs are in use, I will only use them after the owner grants permissions.
I forbid reproductions or prints of any Cara-Lou Designs work.
Cara-Lou Designs may incorporate elements of any design, including commissions, within future works.
Marked on individual listings, shipping information displays at checkout.
Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not make up my acceptance of your order.
Acceptance of your order is only when I dispatch the product(s) that you’ve ordered.
Cara-Lou Designs reserves the right to cancel your order without notice and without expressing a reason.
I aim to dispatch all orders within 48 business hours.
- special requests,
- personalised orders which includes commission pieces
- or orders with changes, for example, frame colour changes at the buyers’ request.
Parcels are dispatched with Royal Mail, should a parcel arrive damaged, please notify me within 48 hours, and forward photographic evidence to email@example.com.
(9) International Shipping
Cara-Lou Designs accepts no responsibility for Customs Fees and Taxes incurred when purchasing goods.
Furthermore, it is the Buyers responsibility to check the laws regarding goods entering the country of delivery.
International shipping times are exclusive of customs handling.
(10) Right to Cancel
See Consumer Rights.
(11) Faulty Goods
I try to ensure the safe arrival of goods. Should a fault occurs, the buyer should contact Cara-Lou Designs within 14 days of purchase, to make a claim based on any defect in the quality, or condition of the goods.
The buyer shall notify Cara-Lou Designs in writing, on the discovery of the defect, in return, I will aim to respond to the claim within 48 hours. As a result of faulty goods, the goods are to return to Cara-Lou Designs in a well packaged parcel. Once the item returns, I will issue the buyer a full replacement.
The buyer should contact Cara-Lou Designs before returning any items.
Cara-Lou Designs shall be under no liability regarding any defect arising from:
- fair wear and tear,
- wilful damage,
- abnormal working conditions,
- external force,
- damage caused by the buyer or any other party,
- damage caused by the incorrect:
- or repair of the goods.
(12) Commission Orders
If the order is for a commissioned item, I cannot offer a refund.
Also I am not held responsible if the buyer makes an error in the personalisation. In order to avoid errors all Pre-Order information is double checked by you, the buyer. It is solely your responsibility to check all the details are correct on the proofs.
However, if the error arises from Cara-Lou Designs, I will issue a full replacement on receipt of the defect goods at the full cost to Cara-Lou Designs, including a refund of your return shipping.
(13) Errors, Inaccuracies and Omissions
Occasionally there may be information on my site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to:
- product descriptions
- product shipping charges
- dispatch times
I reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information, and cancel orders if any information is inaccurate, without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
(14) Returns Policy
You can find the full Returns Policy here on the Consumer Rights page.
(15) Paper Cut Care
Paper cuts are to avoid direct sunlight. They are not to be placed above a heat source.
If a paper cut should slip within its mounting, please contact Cara-Lou Designs for help and advice.
I will rectify any faults at the cost to Cara-Lou Designs, provided the product remains untampered with.
I’ll determine the date on the care card received with your order.
In the event of a lost or damaged care card I will use the date of order to determine.
(16) Personal Information
(17) Free Postage
An offer that may include free postage with the purchase, will only qualify within the UK and BFPO.
Other territories will pay the relevant postal costs for these items.
(18) User Comments, Feedback and Other Suggestion
If, at my request, you send submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from me you send:
- creative ideas
- or other materials
- by email,
- by postal mail,
- or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’),
you agree that I may, without restriction:
- and otherwise use
in any medium any comments you forward.
I am and shall be under no obligation to:
- maintain any comments in confidence;
- pay compensation for any comments;
- respond to any comments.
I may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content I determine in my sole discretion are:
- obscene or otherwise objectionable
- or violates any party’s intellectual property
- including these Terms and Conditions.
You agree that:
- your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right.
- You further agree that your comments will not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could affect the operation of the Service or any related website.
- Also, you may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead me or third-parties as to the origin of any comments.
- Lastly you are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. I take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
(19) Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
I do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of my service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
You agree that from time to time I may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service, without notice to you.
If the service ceases indefinitely, all warranties will be void.
(20) Sale of knives to persons under 18 years of age
Section 141A of the Criminal Justice Act 1998 makes it an offence to sell or let on hire to any person under 18 years any:
- Knife, knife blade or razor blade
- Other article which has a blade or which is sharply pointed and which is made or adapted for use for causing injury to the person.
Consequently, when placing an order, you agree to the Cara-Lou Designs terms and conditions, and agree that you are over the age of 18. Also, I will carry out additional checks and reserve the right to refuse the sale.
If Cara-Lou Designs cannot confirm the age of the customer via electoral roll checks, I make contact using the email provided during the checkout to ask for proof via other means.
If the customer does not reply or respond to these requests after 7 days I reserve the right to cancel the order and refund the customer in full.
(21) Changes to Terms and Conditions
You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at this page.
I reserve the right, at my sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions by posting updates and changes to the website.
It is your responsibility to check the website periodically for changes.
Your continued use of or access to this website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms and Conditions makes up the acceptance of those changes.
Last Updated: 16th May 2019
Template Terms & Conditions
Send questions about the Terms and Conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cara-Lou Paper Cuts
20 Lanark Close
Last Updated 2nd April 2019
Payment Plan Terms & Conditions
Payment Plans/Partial Payments are a way to allow you to spread the cost of your order over a period of time. These are free to do and don’t incur any additional fees to enjoy the benefits.
Payment Plan Terms:
(1) Deposits & Payments
- Payments are to be taken using either PayPal or Bank Transfer.
- Payment plans are set over what we have discussed or what was set in the listing.
- Orders will not begin until payment is received in full.
- Deposits are charged at 25% of the order total.
- Deposits are NON REFUNDABLE.
- The remaining balance is divided over the months remaining on your terms.
- Minimum payment is £10. Payments under £10 per instalment may be charged additional fees.
- Paying a deposit secures a place in the diary for your work.
- Cara-Lou Designs reserves the right to cancel your order and refund if the time elapsed exceeds 2 months without payment/communication or insufficient communication occurs.
- Cancellations requests should be sent to email@example.com confirming your:
- Order Number
- Date of Order
- Payment Email
- Cancellation requests with 30 days or less until your order is due for completion will not be cancelled as your order will be in progress, thus any works carried out will have been started.
- Your order balance should be £0.00, 4 weeks before you require it in your possession, this allows time to process design, create and ship your order.
- Christmas Payment Plans should be paid in full before the 10th November for guaranteed Christmas Delivery in the UK. International Orders needs to be paid in full by the 20th October.
- The above is a guideline only – the deadline for your payment plan will be added to your personal invoice which takes into consideration location and deadline.
- Refunds will be returned to the payment account used for the deposits.
- Refunds will take no longer than 30 days to return.
- Refunds in the event of cancellation by yourself or Cara-Lou Designs will be paid within 30 days of cancellation.
- Refunds will be paid in full in line with our Consumer Rights Policy https://caraloucuts.co.uk/consumer-rights/
I reserve the right to keep 25% of the order total (Deposits or 25% of the order total in the event of you adding additional items to your order after the initial deposit was paid) due to loss of income incurred in securing your the slot in the diary.
You should send questions about the Terms and Conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org
20 Lanark Close
Last Updated 8th June 2019
Competition Terms & Conditions
The Competitions Terms and Conditions refer to the Palace Competition held in my Facebook Group for fellow Paper Cutting Artists.
(1) To enter into the Palace Competition participants will reply to these terms and conditions linked in the facebook post. In replying you consent to the terms and conditions outlined below.
(2) The competition is open to ALL group members of the Palace.
(3) The entry fee to the competition is £5 per template. The funds are payable via PayPal, Circle, PingIt or Bank Transfer. To run the competition a minimum of 10 participants is required. Money will not be taken until there are 10 participants.
(4) Templates will be sent via facebook messenger unless otherwise stated.
(5) The prize is 50% of the total takings raised per competition. The prize is given by way of a credit voucher to be redeemed against Cara-Lou Designs Templates ONLY.
(6) If a player doesn’t complete a palace comp 3 times in a row, they will miss a turn as people are using them to get cheap templates and thats not what it’s about.
(7) Palace competition entry images will be added to my listing on Etsy once the design is listed. A condition of playing is you grant permission for me to use any images you share in my Etsy Listing.
(8) Only those who complete the paper cut by the given deadline are to be entered into the prize draw, each entrant will be given a number.
(9) The draw will be done either:
- On a group live using a random number generator website or
- Using a screen recording and a random number generator.
(10) Winning person can opt to Bank their credits and redeem them as they see fit as new designs are released.
(11) All credits are to be redeemed via facebook.
(12) Some templates used are LISTED and you may have purchased them already. If so treat it as a £5 to enter scenario. (This is a rare occurrence)
(13) If a player doesn’t complete a palace competition 3 times in a row, they will be forced to miss a turn playing.
(14) Templates will be listed in complexity. You can buy 1, 2 or all 3. If you buy 2 or 3 templates, and comment each completed picture you have a better chance to win. Complexity levels are Easy, Medium and Difficult.
You should send questions about the Terms and Conditions to email@example.com
Last Updated 16th May 2019
Additional Payment Information
(1) Mailing Address (please contact me BEFORE sending a return item)
20 Lanark Close
(2) Contact Details – You can contact me via these methods:
- Via messenger pop up
- Phone (WhatsApp, Text or Phone)
- 07470304537 (United Kingdom) or +447470304537 (International)
All Cara-Lou Designs prices are displayed in GBP
(5) Accepted Payments – All payments are processed using either SumUp or PayPal
Last Updated: 16th May 2019