Types of Data I Collect
When someone visits www.caraloucuts.co.uk I use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. I do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of my website. This information is only processed in a way which does NOT identify anyone. I do NOT make and do NOT allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my website.
As part of the registration process for my monthly e-newsletter, I collect personal information.
- Specifically, I request your email address, this is the one piece of information I require to successfully add you on to an email list.
- Name: I ask for this as this enables me to address you correctly, however, if you don’t want to provide this information for sign up, that’s fine too.
- Date of Birth: I ask for this as I like to send my subscribers a little Happy Birthday email, again, this isn’t a requirement and can be left blank on sign up.
- Tick Box: This needs to be ticked to show me that you are happy to receive correspondence from me.
I use that information for a couple of reasons:
- To tell you about stuff you’ve asked me to tell you about;
- To send you updates
- To invite you in on sales and coupons
- To say Happy Birthday
- To remind you of things
- To contact you if I need to obtain or provide additional information;
- To check my records are right
- And to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
- I don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
I use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver my newsletter. I gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help me monitor and improve my e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of my emails or by emailing me Emma, with the subject “EMAIL UNSUBSCRIBE” and I’ll do that right away.
Purchase and Account Data:
Here is a look at the type of Purchase and Account Data I keep and how long I keep this for before it is automatically deleted:
- Active Accounts – This data is kept ongoing.
- Inactive Accounts – After 13 months of inactivity, the account will be deleted. Inactivity refers to Orders Placed or Logging in to the account.
- Pending Orders – These are orders which have been abandoned and unpaid by the customer, these will be deleted after 13 months.
- Failed Orders – These are orders which have failed and are unpaid, these will be deleted after 13 months.
- Cancelled Orders – These are either Cancelled by me or the customer and are unpaid, these will be deleted after 13 months,
- Completed Orders – These are orders which have been completed and will stay on my files for 24 months.
Once the above delete, the completed orders will retain as guest orders. This is because I need to keep this information for account/tax purposes. If you request to have your data removed These will stay, however, the details will become anonymous.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Aside from the aforementioned (Google Analytics and MailChimp) the other third parties I will pass your personal information on to or whom can access your personal information are:
- PayPal for the purpose of payments (You pass this information on by paying for your item)
- The delivery company for the purpose of delivering your item. (Passed on information)
Access To Your Personal Information
Cara-Lou Paper Cuts