I’m Emma, I’m the owner and maker here at Cara-Lou Designs. I make sure the privacy, trust and confidence of any visitors to my website will be kept in line with the information detailed below.
Grab a cuppa and some cake and read on.
Types of Data I Collect
When someone visits Cara-Lou Designs a third-party service called Google Analytics is used to collect standard internet information and details a visitors behaviour patterns, like where you click from, how long you spend on my website, etc.
It’s used to find out the number of visitors to different parts of the website. I process this information in a way which identifies no one. Google do NOT find out the identities of those visiting my website.
As part of the registration process for the newsletter, the personal information collected is:
- Your email address, this is the one piece of information needed to add you to the email list.
- Name: This allows us to use your name, however, if you don’t want to give this information for sign up, that’s fine too.
- Birthday: Another optional piece of information as I like to send my subscribers a little Happy Birthday email.
- Check Box: Confirms you want to receive the correspondence.
The information is to:
- Tell you about stuff you’ve asked me to tell you about;
- Send you updates
- Invite you in on sales and coupons
- Say Happy Birthday
- Remind you of things
- Contact you if I need to get or give more information;
- Check my records are right
- And to check now and then you’re happy and satisfied.
- I don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
The third-party company I use for sending emails is MailChimp.
This platform allows me to gather statistics on email activity, such as how many subscribers open their email and how many clicks or purchases come from that email using industry standard technology to help understand and improve the newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of my emails. Or by emailing me, Emma, with the subject “UNSUBSCRIBE” and I’ll do that right away.
Purchase and Account Data:
Here is a look at the Purchase and Account Data I use and how long it’s kept for before it’s automatically deleted:
- Active Accounts – I keep This data ongoing.
- Inactive Accounts – After 13 months of inactivity, the account deletes. Inactivity refers to orders placed or logging in to your account.
- Pending Orders – These are abandoned order and/or unpaid by our customers, these expire after 13 months.
- Failed Orders – These are orders which have failed and are unpaid, these expire after 13 months.
- Cancelled Orders – Cancelled by me or the customer and are unpaid, these expire after 13 months,
- Completed Orders – Successfully completed orders will stay on file for 24 months.
Once the above have deleted the completed orders will stay on file as guest orders. This is because I need to keep this information for account/tax purposes.
If you ask to have your data removed these will stay, however, the details will become anonymous.
How I protect your information
I adopt data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Aside from the above (Google Analytics and MailChimp) the other third parties I will pass your personal information on to or whom can get access to your personal information are:
- PayPal or Stripe for payments (You pass this information on by paying for your item)
- The delivery company for delivering your item. (Passed on information)
Access To Your Personal Information